Practitioners offering colonic Hydrotherapy at the Cotswold Health Centre
Anne -Marie O'Donnell
Colonic hydrotherapy is a Naturopathic treatment that works to support the bodies natural processes of detoxification and elimination.
Colonic Hydrotherapy consists of slowly and gently introducing warm filtered water into the colon under low pressure via a small tube. It's purpose is to remove excess waste and gas which impair the natural peristaltic function of the colon. Through gentle encouragement the colons natural peristaltic movement and the liver is stimulated to releases bile which is one of the major routes of detoxification.
By removing excess toxic load from the colon and stimulating peristalsis you are re-educating the colon to function optimally.
Dietary and lifestyle after care supports the client to make lasting changes increasing vitality and overall well being. Initially, a series of at least three separate therapy sessions may be recommended, to achieve the maximum cleansing benefit. This helps to eliminate fecal matter, which may have been lodged in the colon for weeks, months, or even years, and to keep the client properly hydrated. Programmes of three sessions are recommended but single sessions can also be booked.
What are the benefits of colonic hydrotherapy?
· Feeling healthier
· Improved bowel function by removing colon wastes.
· Regulating the transit time for waste leaving the body
· A rehydrated large intestine (also known as colon or bowel)
· Clearer and healthier looking skin (helps reduce and can clear acne and Psoriasis)
· Reduction in headaches/migraines
· Better sleeping patterns
· Acne, psoriasis and other skin complaints
· Helps with stress and anxiety
· Helps improve liver and gall bladder function
· Mental or physical sluggishness
· Relieves and improves constipation
· Strengthened immune system
· Better absorption of essential vitamins and minerals
· Helps with bloating, flatulence, diarrhoea and IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
· Aids weight loss
· Improved body odour
· Improved poor appetite or food cravings
· Relieves allergies, asthma and arthritis
· Relieves Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and M.E.
· Relieves Haemorrhoids
· Leaves you feeling positive and happy
· Feeling refreshed and energised
· Kick starting a healthier lifestyle
· A greater sense of well-being